Friday 23 May 2008

day 143

Day 143
Prompt 143
“Open your heart - open it wide; someone is standing outside.”
- Mary Engelbreit; artist, entrepreneur


I have backtracked to find a picture for this, as I'm playing catch up after having a couple of days where I couldn't play. I decided this reflection of myself in the garden that needs serious attention was appropriate. I am looking to the wider picture of my life and more certain than ever that I need to attain work life balance. I have decided to endevour to work harder at the areas that are important to my family unit, to join in thier hobbies in whatever way I can and make sure we are closer as a unit because of this action. I had a very hard time this week keeping everything in perspective and to be honest failed miserably. I did extremely well at work but at a cost to my family that I will not allow to happen again. Luckily they love and understand me well enough to bear with me, I don't know that I'd be so forgiving.

4 comments:

malaryush said...

Beautiful journalling - I know you'll find the balance you need!

Minty Magic said...

Kay I am sure your family understand that sometimes there are things that take you away from them for a short time but that they are still the number ones in your life. Don't beat yourself up about it. You just want to do the best by everyone don't you? You are very caring. I would love to have someone like you working for me.

Shirley said...

You are such a giving person Kay and really do make a 110% effort in your work.
Your family unit is one of the most loving I know and I am sure would forgive you anything.
XXXXXXX

Mary B said...

Nice journaling and I like the piccie (my garden is 10 times worse lol