Saturday 17 May 2008

day 138

Day 138
Prompt 138
"He[art]"



I will add the photo for this prompt tomorrow as DD has taken her laptop on the boat with her for the weekend. I have had to come home from my weekend at a friends as I am starting a rotten cold and just need to sleep.


I decided as soon as I saw the prompt what to do for this one. I still remain in contact with my best friends daughter who is 30 in 3 weeks. My best friend died of breast cancer 9 and a half years ago, I had been her carer 24/7 for the last 2 and a half years of her life. She was so special to me I still miss her greatly. I would have done anything for her and she me. I still think of her virtually every day, and when I spend time with her DD it is always with mixed feelings, the last couple of years of her life were so incredibly difficult that it still hurts me immensely, some of the rubbish she had to endure. I have with Sal's help made 40 invites for her daughters 30th birthday party at the drop of a hat really as she asked me to. I never can say no to her. Not that I want to but a little more notice would have been nice. So the art style cards she wanted seemed ideal for my heart being well and truly in them.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

(((hugs))) to you Kay, I know only too well what a brilliant friend you are, you have been helping me through alot at the moment too.
The cards were looking lovely today and I am sure she will appreciate them very much.

Lynne said...

What a lovely person you are and seem such a good friend! looking forward to seeing the photo next week.
Take care and hope you feel better tomorrow.xx

willowthewysp said...

Kay...you are a very special, beautiful and thoughtful person.

knitkath said...

You are truly a caring person, and a true friend! Hope you feel better after a good night's sleep!

Minty Magic said...

Everyone needs a friend like you Kay. You joined our little family late but you have fitted in like you have always been there. You are always full of encouragement for me and my woes. I am glad I count you as one of my friends - be it cyber!!!! Hope you feel better soon.

Mary B said...

Kay that is beautiful, and you have done such a precious thing for your friend. I am sure that you have many treasured memories too to compensate somewhat for your loss.

malaryush said...

Knowing that you can help your dear friend's DD celebrate her birthday must be a bittersweet joy at times, without her there too. Your heart shines brightly and your art is loved.

Sal said...

(((hugs))) Kay, must have taken a bit to right this. You are the best friend someone could ask for xxx