Wednesday 26 March 2008

day 86

“Any necessary work that pays an honest wage carries its own honor and dignity.”
W. Kelly Griffith
What is your job, your day to day job, your working life?


I work as a higher level teaching assistant and assistant SENCo at a local primary school. I get to teach classes without having to do the planning (for peanuts) or so they tell me, that'll be why I frequently have to spend hours prepping a lesson that no one else can be bothered to do. It also means I never have enough hours in the day and due to the unbearable pressure of the work I am now down to a 19 hour week actually at work from 30 hours to try to maintain some kind of work life balance. Sorry that was a bit of a moan and unintended. I love the children and doing my very best for them, just have some issues with the unreasonable pressure put on all staff in schools, not just the teachers.

7 comments:

Mary B said...

Kay moan all you like it is good to journal how you feel, because when you look back it reminds you of how things were.
Like your photo for today so well done.

knitkath said...

Happy to listen to your moans! Great pic!

Minty Magic said...

Sometimes you just need a good moan to feel better. Great photo. I bet the kids love you!

Shirley said...

Go for it Kay and feel better for it.
I know you are not Mrs Grumpy and when you moan there is always a good reason for it :)
Loving the photo.

Curly said...

Thanks everyone you make me feel so much better.

Lynne said...

Kay I know exactly where your coming from having retired as a non teaching Senco in a very difficult school at 55 yrs since I was going to work at 7am and coming home at 7pm to work for another 3/4 hrs a night.How many hours was that a week! (At least I was paid a decent wage) I loved the children but bureaucracy has gone mad as well as the goal posts altering yearly

Barbara said...

Love that photo. Job sounds exhausting. Glad you can relax with a bit of scrapping from time to time.