Monday 17 March 2008

day 77

"When you try your best, but you don't succeedWhen you get what you want but not what you needWhen you feel so tired but you can't sleepStuck in reverse?When the tears come streaming down your faceWhen you lose something you can't replaceWhen you love someone but it goes to wasteCould it be worse?Lights will guide you home,And ignite your bones,And I will try to fix you,"Fix You - Cold Play


This made me think of DD straight away. Her best friend of 10 years the week before last decided she didn't want to be friends anymore! DD is to say the least gutted. It's quite complicated but the hardest part is knowing how to help her. I don't want to interfer because I believe she needs to deal with this herself, but at the same time I want to wade in to protect my baby. At 12 and 1/2 it seems especially difficult to lose your life long best friend. I wish I could wave a magic wand and fix this one for her.


7 comments:

Barbara said...

What a shame for your DD. Perhaps it is just a passing thing.

Shirley said...

The teenage years are always difficult Kay.
Especially if you are the Mum of one. Though to be honest I would not like to live through them again.
Such a big wide world to start coming to terms with and in these times even more difficult than when I was growing up.
Poor Dee.
(((Hugs))) to you both.

knitkath said...

Oh growing up is hard, learning about people and how they can react, hope she works it out. Lovely pic of her!

Mary B said...

Oh poor DD I do hope it isn't something that is irrepairable and that they can make it up again.

Minty Magic said...

Ah I hope they make it through and make friends again.

Curly said...

Thanks guys fingers crossed eh!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

aww bless it is hard, but you are right that she need to stand on her own and to know you are there. perhaps her friend will realise the mistake.

Fab photo btw