Friday 14 March 2008

day 74

"The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose."
Garrison Keillor
What makes you laugh so hard? What are some of your fondest childhood memories? Journal these memories.


A good one for me after thinking about hobbies yesterday, I have a picture of my feet because my best friend and I from the age of 11 to about 25 were absolutely horse mad. She was lucky enough to have a Gran that kept a pony for her and I used to walk miles every week behind that pony waiting for a go! I always got one and normally quite an even share too, but the effort never seemed like any kind of big deal. I would frequently walk 7-10 miles a day and spend virtually all of it in giggling and hilarity. It's such a shame when these friendships part for many varied reasons, as that kind of closeness is rarely achieved in later life. It's a fantastic memory to have though and that cannot be lessened by time or change.

5 comments:

knitkath said...

Lovely memory, great pic too!

Shirley said...

Oh Kay you paint such a vivid picture of that memory it makes me smile to think of you walking all those miles behind a horse.
Pretty socks by the way and great photo too:)

Mary B said...

What a wonderful childhood memory and it must have been so good for you out in the fresh air so much

Minty Magic said...

My childhood best friend had horses and we were always making little jump courses and I would always end up hanging around a horse's neck next to the jump which the horse had flattened. Your journal entry reminded me of those happy times.

willowthewysp said...

I used to walk miles to catch one of my horses! She was kept on a huge open area near the beach, called Braunton Burrows, along with hundreds of others...you would find me walking miles to catch her...saddle and reins in arms, only to realise when i had tacked her up, she was the wrong horse!!!!LOL