Tuesday 11 March 2008

day 71

“First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, 'I believe,' three times. ”
Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993), author, preacher



What is your "mantra"? Start today, believing in you. Take time to write down your thoughts, and your beliefs. What is important to you? What do you "believe" in?
Today use this quote to concentrate on your journalling and take a self portrait.



I don't have a mantra, but I do believe in me! I am just rediscovering the me that has been hiding inside the extra large body I've been dragging around for such a long time. When I've dieted in the past I've always kept it to myself and kept all my clothes. This has led to 4 different sizes being in my wardrobe, and my excluding others from the information that means they could recriminate with me when I slip backwards. Well no more this time is very different. I'm dieting in a group and celebrating my achievements with them. Also the most major step is yesterday I got up and emptied my wardrobe and drawers of all the largest size, plus quite a few of the next size down too! I fully intend to dispose of the rest of this size group completely as I go further down too. This is because I finally believe this is a new start and a new recognition of myself. I am not going to be fat anymore and nor am I going to return to it. (I have quite deliberately used a picture from a few weeks ago so I can take a similar shot soon and try to see the difference for myself that my friends say they can see already.)

7 comments:

knitkath said...

Well done you! You must feel so much better for dieting, and for today's journalling!

Shirley said...

We do see it Kay, not only in how you appear but how you are.

Just believe in yourself.

willowthewysp said...

Well done hun!
Keep at it and keep believing in yourself:)

Steph said...

well done! It is amazing how much difference it can make to your self confidence! keep going!

Minty Magic said...

You go Girl!!!!

Barbara said...

Well done Kay. We are all willing you on. I'm sure being in a group will help.

Curly said...

Wow thanks for the support guys, it really helps.