Wednesday 30 April 2008

day 121

Day 121
Prompt 121
"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you"
Frank Lloyd Wright



I had to rush out between the showers and try to do my wonderful Acer justice for this prompt. I had never even seen one till we moved here. (Not being a gardener I probably had but didn't know what I was seeing). I was really sad the first winter when it died back to twigs, and was really thrilled when it spurted forth new life, bigger and better than ever in the spring. I just adore it, I can't wait for the cycle to happen each year and now, seven years on, I still love it at this time of year when it's at its best.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

A great shot of a beautiful Acer Kay. I just love to see everything come back to life in the spring :)

Minty Magic said...

I love Acers. We have one in our garden that goes a beautiful red in the autumn before it drops it's leaves. Great photo.

knitkath said...

Lovely acer,looks so fresh and green!

willowthewysp said...

That is a beautiful photo:)