Wednesday 23 April 2008

day 114

Day 114
Prompt 114
"Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate. ”
JR Tolkein - author


I had to really think about this one. I am constantly dithering about if I should stay in my job or move on to pastures new. I have stayed due to the convienience for DD till now but as she becomes increasingly independant I am beginning to hanker after a major change. I love some parts of my work and loathe others. I don't really want to do any more, but think it must be lovely to not take it home at the end of the day. I took this picture of myself pondering the question yet again, I suppose if I can't decide that's decision enough. I am not yet ready to move on so need to keep thinking about it for a while longer. So my new road is still around a corner for me.

3 comments:

Mary B said...

I like this photo it really show the pondering about whether to go through that secret gate or not.

knitkath said...

That is a great self portrait, do you jump or stay safe?

Shirley said...

Lovely self-portait Kay.
You do look as if you are trying to figure something out!