Tuesday 15 April 2008

day 106

Day 106
Prompt 106
The Seven Heavenly Virtues
FAITH


I really have to admit to still not being terribly clear where I am with Faith. I used to believe deeply and without question. I have grown though to be unsure, I still think of myself as Christian and do very occasionally attend Church but really only for moments of dire need. Which I suppose is a little callous to say the least. I do question the rationale of a God that allows some of the suffering I see in life, especially in "my children". I went out to photograph our local Church St Michael and All Angels at Clifton Hampden, which we have been in often due to DD's school being a church school and having many events and occasions in there. It is truely beautiful and if I have a secret dream it is to see DD married here.

5 comments:

Mary B said...

Kay it is OK to question, sometimes things do not seem to add up and there is no clear cut answer to them. Just hang in there and trust and let the peace of God hold you tight.

Lynne said...

I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE BUT WOULD LIKE TO SAY FOR ME A CHURCH IS JUST A BUILDING AND PEOPLE ARE THE CHURCH AND THEY ARE MY CHRISTIAN FAMILY AND LIKE ANY FAMILY IT IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES!!
I LEARNT THAT FAITH IS TRUSTING THE UNKNOWN WITH OUT QUESTIONING IT:) Sorry about the caps :(

knitkath said...

Very well put, and you were very honest! Church looks a lovely old building!

Minty Magic said...

Beautiful looking church. A lovely place for a wedding lol!!!!

Shirley said...

I love this Church as well Kay you have taken a great photo on a lovely day when the sky is so blue.
I am always asking why ... just wish we had the answers.