Sunday 22 June 2008

day 174

Day 173
Prompt 173
"Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one" - Imagine , John Lennon


Strong Lyrics, but lets imagine a day with no possesions, no war, no anger, what would today be like?


Oh wouldn't this be wonderful. I can't imagine what our life would be like not having the constant shadow hanging over us of where my DB is and what he's having to do, let alone whether he'll come home safe again this time. I know this is purely selfish but as we lost his best friend and some other very close friends of his a couple of years ago, it's the way I automatically think when I am faced with this type of prompt. I can't even dream how awful it is for my parents. They have spent their lives trying to do the best for us, and at their age having to sent him off time after time must be appaling.

The other part of the prompt, regarding no possesions or anger, this I could only dream of for my DD. The world would undoubtedly be a better place with more tolerance and understanding and I can't help thinking that this would be helped enormously without the envy attached to ownership of possesions.

6 comments:

knitkath said...

Oh yes, no wars would be so good, but will it ever happen? Sending prayers to keep your db and everyone else safe!

Barbara said...

Hope your DB comes home safe and sound.

Mary B said...

Yes certainly a world without wars and strife and famine and starvation would be wonderful.
Like the photos but what is your DD holding it looks like a stick of celery?

Minty Magic said...

Very heartfelt journalling Kay. Hoping for his safe return.

willowthewysp said...

Hope DB comes home safe and sound:)
Love the photo today!

Steph said...

Hope you DB comes home safely too