Sunday 24 February 2008

day 55

"Adopt the peace of nature" Ralph Waldo Emerson
Photography prompt 2
“Simply look with perceptive eyes at the world about you, and trust to your own reactions and convictions. Ask yourself: "Does this subject move me to feel, think and dream? Can I visualize a print - my own personal statement of what I feel and want to convey - from the subject before me?” Ansel Adams


I thought long and hard about this prompt and took a number of pictures until I got this one that was whilst we were travelling around Oxfordshire caching today, at Gostow Abbey. The remains were so peaceful considering the noise and bustle that is so very close by. It made me stop and think about times gone by that were considerably simpler. I would not wish to have lived back then but a glimpse of the peace and tranquility of an area like this does make me day dream at least.

5 comments:

willowthewysp said...

Gorgeous picture...i love places like that..and yes, it does look very peaceful...and calming:)

knitkath said...

What a lovely picture, so serene and peaceful! Nice to find somewhere like this unexpectedly!

Barbara said...

great picture. Did you find any buried treasure nearby?

Curly said...

Hi all, yes we did find treasure within the compound but a cache is treasure to us!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful photo there :D