Wednesday 31 December 2008

day 366

Day 366 - New Years Eve
Prompt 366 - Our Final Day
My Way
"And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which Im certain.
Ive lived a life thats full.
Ive traveled each and evry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.
Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.
I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,I did it my way.
Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.
Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,I find it all so amusing.
To think I did all that;And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,I did it my way.
For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -And did it my way!"

- Frank Sinatra

May I take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you, for joining me in this incredible journey. It has been tough some days, and I admit not to making it each day, nor did I take only self portraits! But that's life. I still did it "My Way". I hope you had fun. I know many of you have had a really tough year, others have lost family members, and others have gained family members. A shout out to my inspirational slimmers, Kay and Lynne, to all the UK 365ers that I met back in October. To all the new friends I have met on Flickr, it has been a wonderful year for making new friends. I hope you will take the time to look back at your year in review, 52 layouts and a journal full of your words and thoughts for 2008.

I am going to take a few weeks off, and I will be back mid January with a new challenge " A snapshot of my life". This will not be a 365 self portrait challege. Check back over the next few weeks when I will be sharing pages from my journal, my layouts from the year and the preperations for my 2009 challenge.

Have a wonderful New Year, I wish you all a prosperous 2009!

All my Love


Oh what can I say I love the new me that has been uncovered this year, I love that I now like some sp's of me even more, and I love life most of the time. I achieved over half my goals which is 50% more than normal, and I have made some of the most fabulous friends ever. Thankyou to Anna and all you girls for your caring support and friendship long may it continue!

Kay

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Lovely SP Kay and so glad that I have had you to share the year with. I know we have both had our difficult moments one way or another this year but we have always been there for one another. You are true friend indeed.
You have worked so hard to achieve your 50% and look wonderful.
XXXX

Minty Magic said...

Kay I am sat here with tears in my eyes looking how fantastic you look. You have been a total inspiration for nearly all the 365'ers to lose weight. I am very lucky to class you as a friend - and long may it continue xxx

Barbara said...

Well done Kay. You look so good. You have been an inspiration to many. Think you are also very brave to go and stand in the garden this weather to take your photo.

knitkath said...

Well done to you on the "new me", you deserve health and happiness! Keep up the good work!! Well done on the 50% achievement too!

AlliR said...

All I can say is WOW - you look fantastic. I've really enjoyed getting to know you during this year. You blog has been great to read. Wishing you all the best for 2009!

Lynne said...

Well done Kay on completing this challenge LO's too!1
Thank you for being my inspiration to lose the weight I have so far
Like you I noe love myself and actually like what I see in the mirror and in photos too!
I hope we will continue to remain friends in the future.
Love and Best wishes for 2009

Mary B said...

that is a super super SP and you looks so happy and pleased with yourself with good reasons. You seem to have got a new life with your new look so pleased to have met you and been part of your life during this year and may we continue to speak on here and continue to be part of each others lives, all of us

domestic goddess said...

an inspiration hun, thank you so much for being part of the amazing 365 journey!

Steph said...

Kay - you have been an inspiration to us all to lose weight.

I only really know the "new you" and I am very proud that you are a friend, and I hope that continues now our 2008 365 journey is over.