Thursday 18 December 2008

day 353

Day 353
Prompt 353

"There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child"
- Erma Bombeck
Reflect on Christmas past. What are your fondess Christmas memories?
I always think back to when I was ten. I desperately wanted a dog of my own and Mum was dead against it even when my friends dog had pups she wouldn't give in. That christmas it was still the only thing on my mind and I woke to a 3 ft long bright orange sausage dog with black ears that had tartan undersides. It was hideous but I adored it, I made a lead and collar for it and dragged it absolutely everywhere with me. I insisted on having it in bed no matter where it had been dragged that day and it had to sit under the table and in the car with me too. My Mum really regretted buying it and it's still in her loft today. I never got a real dog until I was in my late twenties but I'll never forget opening up the wrapping on that orange monster of mine.

3 comments:

Mary B said...

Oh what a poignant memory that must be.

Shirley said...

At least you have Ollie now.
XXX

Steph said...

Great story, you should give the orange monster to Dee!