Friday 19 September 2008

day 263

Day 263
Prompt 263
I was a woman never thinking of others and my life was so lonely didn't care for anybody but then I happened to meet a begging man in the street as I turned down his praying I heard someone saying: "ah -Treat him well, he is your brother you might need his help one day we depend on one another love him that's the only way on the road that we're going we all need words of comfort and compassion treat him well, he is your brother love him that's the only way"
He is your brother - Abba


I struggle with this as I frequently am told off for being the opposite to this. I try to help where I can but have been known to buy food and drink for a beggar rather than hand over the money just as I'm a little sceptical as to if that's how it would be used. Just a pic of me and a buddy having a good time today as no begging men met.

3 comments:

knitkath said...

Lovely pic, and I know what you mean about where the money you give might end up!

Shirley said...

Lovely photo of the pair of you ... sorry I missed out on this trip BUT I will be there for the next one.
XXXXXXX

Mary B said...

that is a lovely photo of you both