Tuesday 5 August 2008

day 218

Day 218
Prompt 218
“If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain.”
- Emily Dickinson (1830-1886), poet


Oh how I wish I could stop this heart from ever breaking but that is not the way of the world is it. It will happen one day I just hope I will be there and she will come to me to help nurse the pieces till they mend.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

I am sure she will break a few hearts too Kay, a lovely photo of Dee.

knitkath said...

Great pic! Yes, all we can do is be there to pick up the pieces!

Lynne said...

Poignant words and your heart will break too!!

Barbara said...

Lovely photo. Hope their aren't too many broken hearts

Mary B said...

Such a lovely photo of your DD